Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome!



Welcome to my blog! I am a former touring professional golfer, now turned "home manager". My two children and sweet husband are the light of my life and I am a passionate follower of Jesus. Making our "small town" Texas home a refuge has become a passion for me over the last few years.


I've found that I love organizing, decorating and I'm constantly getting rid of clutter. Due to my constant efforts to edit stuff and simplify our lives, we have found our 1275 square foot home, small by American standards, to be plenty of room for our family of four.

I want to make housework as simple as possible, while still maintaining a wonderful environment. This gives me plenty of time to enjoy my family and home life. I am also a thrifty shopper and love finding bargains, while being conscious of what I bring into my home.





My vision for this blog is to encourage other "home managers" to find the joy that I have found serving my family and God in making my home a peaceful refuge. Will you join me on this journey?

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogging world! Your page looks great! Can't wait to see what the Lord does through you and this fun new adventure! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a follower, yeah!!! Thank you, sweet friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging-you will love it! I can't wait to be your guinea pig as you help me become a better home manager! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet lady, you are catching on early in life how to bring peace into your home! Bless you. A bed covers the largest part of most bedrooms so when it is made up, things just look neater there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, thank you so much for the support! You are a great friend, love you!

    Avonne, thank you for the kind words! I may need some of your wisdom on this new project of mine! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog!!! I am SO excited to find someone who loves being a "home manager"!! Can't wait to read more!

    ~Jules~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with the others. This is a great blog... just what I was looking for. Found you on aholyexperience.com which is the only other blog I follow and it is changing my life! Anyways thanks for the reminder to shop at Aldis. I used to when I was a single Mom then got married and moved and well maybe got a little lazy...will start again thanks to your blog! Keep it up please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Yvonne, that is so encouraging to hear! Yes, A Holy Experience has changed me as well! Come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is this NEW person (What has blogging done to my NY Daughter??) :-) love all that you are doing AND expriencing - have enjoyed your blogs -Great color in the Laundry Room - love your purse AND Haley's painting --- Aldi's is also a favorite of mine - (when Gourmet Cooking though it is Wegman's - I am sure you remember) Luv U

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I wondered if you had ready my blog yet! Thanks, I've had fun with it! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog! I just read your profile. My grandfather was a professional golfer and guess who one of his golfing buddies was??? Babe Ruth! Yep. I even have some pictures of them together. Happy to be your newest follower.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim,
    Thanks so much! Very cool about your grandfather! So glad you are following! Your blog is great, too!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!