Friday, April 22, 2011

My Testimony


Since part of the motto for my blog is being Christ-centered and today is Good Friday, I feel led to share my testimony with you.

As a child, I did spend a little time in church, but once I got really into golf, my Sundays were spent on the course. I knew some Biblical truths but I hadn't formed a relationship with God yet. From about the age of 12 golf started to dominate my life. Being talented and a hard-worker, golf brought me many wonderful things like a full scholarship to one of the best schools in Texas.

For the most part, I had a wonderful time in college, but I had many questions about life and no matter how late I stayed up "philosophizing" with friends or the many classes I took in my minor of philosophy they could not be answered. There was a hole in my life. I tried to fill that hole with relationships, having fun, great golf scores, to name a few.

Right after college, as I was preparing to go on tour for the first time a few things happened that sent my world and beliefs spinning. My best friend's brother died in a freak accident at only 19 years of age. This tragic event made me realize the frailty of this life and question what is really on the other side if anything. Next, I was in a serious relationship with a great guy, but I just wasn't sure he was the one for life. So, I ended that relationship and began my life on tour with even more questions than I had in college.



While on tour, I had a lot of free time in the evenings staying in hotels that I spent reading. A friend had suggested that I read the Left Behind series. When I started reading this fictional series, I had no idea that it was actually Christian fiction. When I did realize that it was based on a book of the Bible called Revelation, my interest was sparked. I began using the Bible in our hotel rooms to compare, and I was amazed by what I read. God took my heart at that time, and my life has been forever changed.



God placed some amazing Christians in my life during my five years of playing golf on tour. God let me achieve many of my dreams, including playing on the LPGA Tour and finding the true man of my life. Then, after about five years of tour life God showed me that my life was not meant to be as a touring professional. He had wonderful plans for me that I would find much more fulfilling. About seven years post tour life of growing and being molded brings me to today. I am so thankful that I no longer have that "God-shaped" hole in my life and I find such fulfillment in being right where God wants me.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Jennifer! I have actually been thinking about reviving my blog by sharing my testimony... reading yours may just be that spark to do so! I'm so glad to call you a sister in Christ and friend. You shine His light in your corner and beyond. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means so much coming from you, Senora!
    Blessing to you and your precious family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful testimony to what the Lord can do ... he is a hole filler, savior, redeemer ... and he is coming again! Good Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer, i'm brought to tears reading your testimony. thank you for sharing your heart and life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michal! It is a little scary putting myself out there, all for God's glory!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!