Friday, October 5, 2012

On Thrift Shopping and that Small Still Voice

I'm relaxing in bed recovering from injections in my back to relieve pain from a bulging disk that's hitting a nerve. I'm so ready to be done with this chapter of my life. But, it has been a huge growing experience and I want to share more on that later.

I just downloaded an iPhone blog app, so I'm going to write a little post and try it out.

On Tuesday, I was about to "bite the bullet" and take Harrison to Target to pay full price (so not like me) for a Spiderman Halloween costume.

Every time I was going to mention the shopping trip to Harrison, I felt that small still voice urging me not to go. Well, I did have a thrifting date planned for the next day with my friend Jackie (click on her name to check out her blog, she is so inspiring and off the charts creative). But really, what were the chances that I would find a decent Spiderman costume that would fit Harrison, right?

I decided to wait and lo and behold I found a BRAND NEW Spiderman costume for $3.00! I tell you this for two reasons. First, let's face it thrifting rocks! Secondly, as a reminder to listen to that small still voice. Our God really does care about the details of our lives and I firmly believe that He sent me right to that costume! Our God is so cool!

Here is a very fuzzy cell phone picture of one overjoyed four year old superhero!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!