Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Intentional Home, Week Two: Wednesday

For an Introduction and Table of Contents for The Intentional Home, click Here.

Week Two: Wednesday

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:7


Let’s take a look at the bathrooms. Is there any other areas of clutter? Are the tubs full of bath toys or are the bathroom surfaces full of decor? Today, we will continue to remove clutter if any still exists. Remember, the less clutter that exists makes for easier cleaning and I’m all for that!

I would keep decor to a minimum in bathrooms. I find there are too many other things needing counter space. I do have a lot of pictures hanging, especially in our guest/kids’ bathroom. Those don’t require the work that knick knacks do to keep clean.

I love taking baths, but something about having the sides of the bath full of kids’ toys takes away from the ambiance. The kids still like to us my tub for baths since it’s the biggest in the house. Of course, they still like toys, so now I keep a bag full of their toys tucked away in my closet. They can retrieve a few toys for their bath and then I will return them to the bag after they're dry. I find a nice candle and some bath salts by the bathtub along with a picture, perhaps one of an inspirational quote, helps me get in the mood for my relaxing bath time.

Now that your bathroom is clutter free, let’s make it sparkle. The job I know you've all been waiting for: scrubbing the toilets, tubs and showers. The main advice that I have for making bathroom cleaning faster and easier is keeping the cleaning supplies stored in the bathroom for easy access.

I would use the same cleaning products that I've suggested for the counters: the vinegar and water solution or baking soda for scrubbing. A bleach powder can also be used for tougher jobs. I also have a brush for scrubbing all around the toilet. I keep this in a bag labeled “toilets”, so I know not to use it anywhere else.

Cleaning the toilets, tubs and showers will now be a weekly chore that you will do on Wednesdays. Remember, if you do this weekly, it will not be as big of a job as when you put it off for a month or so. Don't worry, you don't have to remember all of this, I will have a nice chart for you later!

Daily Chores:
One load of laundry from start to finish
Make your bed
Unload the dishwasher in the morning, load and run it at night
Wipe down the kitchen counters and sink 
Wipe down the bathroom counters and sinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!