Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Intentional Home, Week Five Thursday

For an Introduction and Table of Contents for The Intentional Home, click Here.

Week Five: Thursday

Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
1 Peter 5: 2-4

Well, was it easier to get dressed this morning? Of course it was with that beautifully well-organized closet of yours. If you have children still living at home, then we will spend some time working on their closets as well. If you have young children, then you are in charge of this process. If your children are older, then you might want to involve them in the process. I even involve my eight-year-old when I clean out her closet. My five-year-old son really couldn’t care less, so I don’t bother him with it. 

Kids are a little tricky because they grow, even if you tell them to stop and stay five, they just keep growing. Insert sad face here. Therefore, I am never quite sure if they will be able to wear the winter clothes from this year next year. Chances are they won’t. But, any case, if they are still in good condition, I hold on to them. It kind of works out nicely, because even if they end up not fitting, I am able to bless some friends with clothes that are actually in season instead of handing them a bag of sweaters in the summer. Get my drift? 

For the most part, just go through their clothes and discard any clothes in bad repair. This will give you a chance to see what they have if you are about to change seasons. I like to put their clothes together by color, it just makes me happy. I have winter and summer clothes hanging in the same closet with the out-of-season clothes pushed to the back.

Daily Chores: 
One load of laundry from start to finish
Make your bed
Unload the dishwasher in the morning, load and run it at night
Wipe down the kitchen counters and sink 
Wipe down the bathroom counters and sinks
Thursday’s chore of mopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!