Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Intentional Home, Week Four: Thursday

For an Introduction and Table of Contents for The Intentional Home, click Here.

Week Four: Thursday

She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
Proverbs 31:20


Do we all remember why we’re doing this? We are halfway through week four and I just want you to take a minute to review your mission statement. I hope that you feel like you are on your way! Let’s keep pushing through!

Let’s spend some time in our pantry today. Depending on the size of your pantry this could be a quick job or a harder job. I would begin by examining all of the items in your pantry. If anything is expired then it should be tossed. If you are working on getting processed foods or products containing things like MSG or high fructose corn syrup out of your life, then this would be a good time to eliminate items containing such ingredients and donating any new items to the local food pantry.

As you pull items off the shelf, you can take a wet rag and wipe down the shelves. I like to group items together. Like all of the snack items together, canned foods together, dried foods like beans and pasta together and so on. I have a shelf that contains things that I use for baking. I also have an area with ingredients that I will be using for meals within the week which gives me easy access. This would also be a great time to plan some meals using the ingredients that have been in there for awhile and need to be used.

I  like to store items that I buy in bulk in glass jars with labels. This make a pantry look uniform and orderly. Buying things like flour and rice in bulk can also save some money.

Daily Chores: 
One load of laundry from start to finish
Make your bed
Unload the dishwasher in the morning, load and run it at night
Wipe down the kitchen counters and sink 
Wipe down the bathroom counters and sinks
Thursday’s chore of mopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!