Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Intentional Home, Week Six: Sunday


For an Introduction and Table of Contents for The Intentional Home, click Here.

Week Six: Sunday

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
Acts 20:35



Happy Sunday, friends! I hope that you are enjoying all that you have accomplished! I have one thought that I wanted to share with you today. A lesson that I’ve learned on my journey to live a more simple life is that having too many choices isn’t always helpful.

I mentioned last week that when I have fewer clothes in my closet, getting dressed is so much easier. I also find this when grocery shopping. I have a much better shopping experience, if I limit myself to only buying items on my list or even going to a smaller grocery store with fewer options.

In this society, we can often be bombarded with advertising that tells us, “Owning more will make you happier.”  On my journey to owning less stuff and having a more simplistic lifestyle, I’ve learned that actually owning less, makes me more content. It’s less to take care of and so much less burdensome. Owning less stuff is just freeing!


As we continue to de-clutter, I want you to become more aware and intentional about what you are bringing into your home. We will touch more of this on week seven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!