Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Intentional Home, Week Three: Sunday

For an Introduction and Table of Contents for The Intentional Home, click Here.

Week Three: Sunday

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 7:9-12



So often we are afraid to ask God for things in our lives that might seem trivial. Perhaps, asking for God’s help in making your home a clutter-free, clean haven seems like a trivial thing to ask. Actually, Jesus showed over and over in His life that caring for others and even having nice places for his disciples and himself to gather for meals was important to him. So, spend time asking for God’s help and blessings in this journey that you are on. After all, He is the giver of good gifts that often far exceed our expectations!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this book! I do consider it an answer to prayer. My family of 5 just moved into a pretty small house after moving around a bit. I am not the most organized person, but I was feeling really determined to be "intentional" in my home and to make it a well organized home where I feel comfortable at all times to be hospitable. We homeschool, so we LIVE in our home A LOT. Keeping a clean, organized home is a constant task that I am so blessed to have. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and encouragement. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Bless the Lord that He was able to use me in this way in your life! I hope you find the book to continue to be helpful!

      Delete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!