Sunday, February 16, 2014

Coincidence?


Whether you acknowledge it or not, God is always at work in our lives. Often times we don't realize what He's been up to until much later when we're reflecting on the past. Like the time when I had an almost career ending wrist injury, but it happened at the exact time I was beginning a relationship with my now husband. Because I was away from golf, my career at the time, I was able to focus on creating that relationship, something that would have been challenging had I spent those four months of the "off season" working on my golf game as I would have normally done. Coincidence? I think not.

I can even look to times before I was a believer and see God's hand on my life. No question, He is always there and so involved in the details of my life, it is truly humbling. Now, as a more mature believer, I can see God's hand in my present life. I can see when He has divinely arranged "meetings" that at one time I may have called a coincidence. It is so exhilarating and, yes, just plain fun when you know something happens and you know that it wasn't just a coincidence, it was God. Not only do you know that was God's doing, but the creator of the universe actually cares that much about you, wow!

God has been taking my family down a path recently to a new church home. We had a chance to visit a couple of wonderful churches until He led us to our new "station". It's been so fun to see His divine confirmations over the last few weeks that say, yep, this is where you are supposed to be and why did you question me in the first place, I always come through for you! 

So, my challenge to you (and myself) is to look for God's hand in your daily, everyday life, the people and situations that He places in your path are not by accident because, yes, He really does care about you and love you that much!

However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”
    the things God has prepared for those who love him
1 Corinthians 2:9

In their hearts humans plan their course,
    but the Lord establishes their steps.
Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!