Thursday, April 21, 2011

E-Mealz: It's Like Cheating



First off, I am not passionate about cooking, but I love the feeling I get when my husband comes home to a nice homemade meal. My satisfaction grows even more when my two little ones are willing to eat what I've prepared and even seem to like it. Meal planning was an area in my life I've struggled with. Do you ever go to the store, drop $100, come home and realize you really don't have anything to eat? Trust me, I've been there.

In recent years, I've gotten better about meal planning and grocery shopping. But I seemed to always be making the same meals over and over...boring!  A couple of months ago a friend told me about E-mealz. Basically, it is a service that provides you a weekly menu, recipes and shopping list for a small fee of $1.25 a week. So for pocket change, I have a kid-friendly meal plan taken care of for me. It's not quite as good as a live in chef, but it's a close second!

As I've mentioned before, I'm an Aldi shopper and it's a small store with mainly basics, no frills. E-Mealz actually has meal plans specifically for Aldi. The plan that I use is for a couple and since my kids are small, it is plenty of food for us. It includes five meals with recipes and a grocery list. The total for the five meals is usually right around $40.00. There are several different store plans and dietary plans to choose from. Click here to learn more about everything they have to offer:

Using E-mealz has simplified this area in my life. I'm never caught last minute with no idea what's for dinner. The meals have all been very tasty and super easy to make. Like I said, it feels like I'm cheating...but please don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Cooking is not my thing either but like you , I have learned over the years what works with my family. I have been using the "Saving Dinner" cookbook for a number of years now and I like how it has been helping me to plan six meals a week and have plenty left over for lunches.
    I came over via Amy's Tuesday link party. I like your blog name and I like how you make making your bed a priority of your day. We do the same thing. Way to go!
    Your testimony hit a few spots in my heart as I had gone through similar experiences (not the golf part. :)) before I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ my Savior.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!