Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jewelry Solution

Yes, even I have some areas in my house that aren't organized! I picked up this jewelry organizer at a garage sale last year. While the concept is great, I really had too much jewelry for this particular organizer. I couldn't see what was in the pockets and it just wasn't functioning for me.


I also had some jewelry in a jewelry box which, as you can see, had become a mess.


So, I got a little idea in my head while looking at my husband's garage pegboard. I realized a pegboard would make an excellent way to store and display jewelry. So, I went to Lowe's and picked up a pegboard for $5.37.


And a 43 piece pegboard organizer for $11.28.


I also had a willing participate in my plan who installed the pegboard in our closet.


Here is the result.


Now, I can see all my necklaces and the little tubs work great for earrings.


There's even a place to hang Matt's hats.



I think it turned out great! Let's just hope I can keep the little fingers out of there! Also, my old jewelry organizer is up for grabs, if anyone wants it, just let me know in the comments below and it's yours.

6 comments:

  1. WOW. Just ... WOW. This is so awesome. I almost want to jump in the car right.now. to go to Lowe's! I was just thinking how annoying my current system is and wondering what to do about it. I am TOTALLY doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you all like it! It is working so well, I had to add a little necklace to it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!!

    http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!