Friday, May 20, 2011

Confessions of a Bargain Shopper: Thrift Store "Couture"

I've had a few people ask me how I find such great stuff at thrift stores. I am prepared to let you on to a few of my secrets.

Lately, I've been hitting a few thrift stores in hopes of freshening up my spring/summer wardrobe. What I have stumbled on is pretty exciting. The selection of skirts at thrift stores are wonderful. Since skirt styles don't really change much and skirts don't tend to get worn out like tops might, they are a great thing to buy second-hand. Here's a few that I have found lately:




These skirts range in price from $1.50 to $3.75 and include brands like Banana Republic. I have an assortment of solid tees and tanks that work perfectly with each skirt.

The key with thrift store shopping is being prepared to dig through the racks. They can be overwhelming, so take your time. I've found it does help to go in looking for one thing in particular, like skirts.

You also might have seen my $5.00 outfit, click here to see it. I hope this encourages you to check out a thrift store! I love finding bargains, but let's just keep these our little secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!