Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Living Small


If you live in Manhattan, 1275 square feet would be huge, but in "bigger is better" Texas, 1275 square feet is rather smallish. I've grown to love living small. I think it simplifies and enriches our lives. For one thing, it's less to keep clean and take care of. I also think it forces me to edit and keep clutter to a minimum. I have no doubt if I had a bigger house, I would just have more stuff I don't need.


"The public is slowly but surely coming to understand that quality matters far more than quantity, and that the feeling of home can be found not through mere size but through thoughtful design, personalization, and attention to detail."  
                                           The Not so Big House, Sarah Susanka


I used to feel the pressure to "move up" to the next house. But, now I really find enjoyment in not only making this house work, but making it our haven. This has also been an internal journey of finding true fulfillment in relationships, most importantly with God, and not in stuff.

By wisdom a house is built, 
and by understanding it is established;
Proverbs 24:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!