Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cottage Bathroom Solution

If you're not convinced that garage sales are a great place to reorganize your space on a budget, then check out this adorable bathroom. You might remember the cute cottage that I've been helping a friend get organized on a budget. I forgot to take before pics of this bathroom (sorry), but the main thing it was lacking in was adequate storage. So, I went garage sale hunting in hopes of finding an affordable solution.


I found this great metal square shelving unit. I couldn't have drawn up a better solution than this and it only cost $10.00! I fitted it with several garage sale baskets and a cute floral box. I also added a splash of color with the yellow mug that houses q-tips. I love using non-traditional items for storage and at $.25 this was a no-brainer.


Instead of using valuable cabinet space for towels, I utilized a fairly large basket she already owned. I think it looks cute and is functional with towels rolled in it.


The bathroom already had a nice built-in linen closet. I made better use of the space by adding some plastic containers to keep items together. I simply used pencil boxes for make-up, hair accessories and manicure supplies. I also used plastic shoe boxes for hair products and baby care products to name a few. For about $15.00, I was able to make a cute bathroom function better for this sweet family.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great find. I love that it has a "magazine" holder as both my husband and I are avid readers. Now if I could just find one of these for me...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne,
    I didn't even realize it was a magazine holder! That is too funny! I thought it was a odd shaped shelf, ha! You never know what you're going to find at garage sales!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!