Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Redefining Why I Blog


 I took a lot of time off from blogging. During that time, I always had ideas for blog posts, but every time I talked myself out of writing it. I realized that there are SO MANY great blogs out there and I wasn't sure that anyone was really interested in what I had to say.

Another thing that I noticed was the more I blogged about organization and keeping a clean house, the more pressure I was feeling to have my house perfect. Of course, this isn't even what I wanted my message to you to be!

So, I think I needed to step away for awhile. What I realized was that I really do enjoy blogging. It is an outlet for me. I just needed to redefine why I am blogging.

I am not blogging for this to be a business or to make money. I am not blogging to be the biggest or most read blog out there. I am simply blogging because I enjoy it. And every once in awhile I think I might have a good idea to help you simplify your home life. I also think that I would like to share some of this with my children, especially Haley someday.

So, I've decided to make a few changes to how I blog. The first thing I will do is STOP COMPARING my blog to other blogs. I will also stop looking at the stats of how many people are reading it each day.

The biggest change I am making is turning the comments off. If you would like to get in touch with me then you can do so by my Simple Home Managing Facebook page. If you are a friend and liked one of my blog posts, please tell me about it. I do love feedback, in fact I probably love it too much and I want it. But, I don't want comments or a lack there of to motivate whether or not I write a blog post. So, I'm just going to take that out of the equation and remove the comment section.

I'm really excited to get back to blogging and just take the pressure off. I am going to blog about what's on my mind and heart. If I do something around the house to simplify my home or family life, I'm going to share it with you. If I just have something on my heart, I might share that as well. I'm also excited to get my camera out and shoot a little, so maybe some posts will just be pictures that inspire me. Whatever I do, I hope that you find enjoyment in it as well.