Friday, April 8, 2011

Quick Attic Overhaul

Before
After

My attic has been driving me crazy lately. So when I saw the "Project Simplify" on Simple Mom, I decided to take care of it. The attic really sounded like a big Saturday project, but I didn't have much time to work with. So, I decided to do a quick attic overhaul.

This quick purge and organizing took me exactly one hour, and that is including getting everything loaded in my car. To be fair, I had no interruptions since my daughter was at school and my son was spending the day with my sweet mom. Otherwise, this would have taken a little longer.

I actually do use my attic to store some things I need fairly regularly, like my stash of birthday party gifts and light bulbs. But it was stressing me out every time I went up there. After devoting just one hour to it, I now have room to move. It's not perfect, but I did find a few things I've been needing. I actually saved my self a little money finding some plastic Easter eggs stashed up there and the kids are going to be so excited that I brought down some tennis rackets. If you dare to venture up into your attic, I'll bet you find some treasures you have forgotten about and plenty of things you don't need.

Before

After

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job on your blog. I am so inspired - so I am going to hire you to attack these closets.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!