Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Multi-purpose Closet

Just because a closet was designed as a linen closet doesn't mean you are limited to using it for linens. Our linen closet does store some bedding, but I also use it to house gift wrapping supplies and art supplies for the kids.

I decided to spend a few minutes the other day getting it organized since we are going into summer and my little artist will be home creating many masterpieces.

Here's the before:


Here's the after:


I just tried to tighten things up and I wanted to make a space for the black bag which I use when I go organize other people's homes. It was taking up much needed space in my laundry room.

I am all about using what I've got when it comes to organizing, so I pulled a few unused bins from the garage for this little makeover.


I got to use my new label maker, pretty exciting! I went through the gift bags and put them in an easier place to access. I always save gift bags we get presents in and reuse them for gifts. I don't see anything wrong with this form of re-gifting!


I picked up this Container Store organizer at a garage sale the other day for a dollar. I wasn't sure what I would use it for at the time, but I felt like it could be useful. It actually motivated me to go through a bin of greeting cards and I put them in this container. I was able to separate them by occasion, for instance thank you cards and birthday cards each have their own section.

Once again, this closet isn't perfect with all matching containers. But, every shelf has a purpose and I think it will be easier to reach in here for what I need and get it back to it's place. I hope this inspires you to make whatever space you have work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!