Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week Four Memory Verses: Colossians 3:10-12

We've had an exciting week and although I have started memorizing this week's verses, I haven't sat down to record it here. I am still plugging along and I've got the first nine verses down pretty well. I am noticing as I add more, it is getting more complicated!

Last week, I think God was putting some situations in my life to challenge me to "take off my old self" and I noticed all to often thoughts of anger I had. They weren't usually anything that I would say aloud, but I became acutely aware of my self-talk.

So, this week, I will work on "putting on my new self"!

Here are our memory verses for this week:

Colossians 3:10-12 
10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.  12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!