Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Homeschooling Part Two

Now that we've been homeschooling for a couple of months, I wanted to give you a little up date and tell you about some of our adventures. To read Part One of Spring Homeschooling, click here.

Of course, one of the most amazing advantages of homeschooling is the freedom. I've done my best to fully take advantage of this by taking lots of field trips. 

Here's several "snapshots" of our life homeschooling...


On day one of homeschooling, Haley and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at La Madeline. Harrison goes to a wonderful Christian pre-school two days a week, so this gives Haley and I a chance to spend those days together. 

Next, we went to the Allen Public Library for the first time. It is a bit of a drive for us, but as it turns out it's well worth the drive. Their children's selection is extensive and you can check out books for three weeks. I went armed with a book list of recommended books from Honey For a Child's Heart and I found many on our list.

Another thing I'm loving about homeschooling is the slow paced life style. There's no rush in the mornings which is a big luxury! We've also eaten lunch on the patio several times and enjoyed studying our flowering trees one day.


We've stepped away from the books to go for a walk or explore some woods by our house.



Haley thoroughly enjoys her weekly horseback riding lesson and I enjoy relaxing in the country setting with a book while she rides.



Haley has started getting orthodontic work done for several mouth issues and it's been nice to not have to worry about missing school for her appointments. It was especially nice when I couldn't figure out how to turn her expander or when her braces were poking her and we could just run down there right away without any worries of a schedule to keep.


One day Haley stepped away from her schoolwork to teach Harrison about money. I couldn't have thought of a better lesson for either of them!


We've also enjoyed a trip to the mall for a little shopping carousel riding with my mom.


Harrison has been doing a little homeschooling, well actually a lot of homeschooling if Lego building counts!


I hope you enjoyed some snapshots of our spring homeschooling, come back tomorrow for more adventures including our field trips.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!