Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mint Iced Tea Recipe


My family and I are so addicted to this fresh mint iced tea that I had to share. Thanks to my friend Mary for showing me this process! 

-You can use a large ball jar or even a larger glass container with a lid, like my sun tea jar pictured below. 
-Simple put a big handful of fresh mint (if you don't have any mint growing, ask around, I would bet you have a friend with more mint than they know what to do with) into the glass jar with either an herbal mint tea bag or a tea bag of your choosing.
-Fill the jar with almost boiling water. Put the lid on and let it lit for a couple of hours.
-Remove the tea bag and mint and transfer the mint tea to a pitcher. This creates a concentrate, so you can fill the rest of the pitcher with filtered water.
-Refrigerate, chill and serve.
-It is also nice with ice and a squeeze of lime juice. This is oh so refreshing!
-Enjoy!





This is also such an economical summer drink option since it only takes one tea bag. Not to mention it is much better for you than soft drinks! The mint adds plenty of favor that I don't think it needs any sweetener, but if you need one a squeeze of honey would be the way to go.

Cool off and enjoy some mint tea!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments!